Expectations of students when travelling to and from school
North Chadderton School aims to instil respect for others in all its students. Therefore, we expect students to display a high standard of behaviour when wearing our school uniform and whilst travelling home from school, particularly when using public transport.
We expect students to:
- Communicate with the driver politely and respectfully
- Show any bus passes or provide the fare for any journey undertaken
- Sit calmly on a seat wherever possible or
- Avoid any behaviour which may disturb the concentration of the driver, or may damage the bus environment, such as throwing food or tampering with the emergency exit
- Refrain from smoking on the bus
- Show respect for all other passengers travelling on the bus
Any student who does not adhere to these expectations can be punished using the sanctions set out in the school’s behaviour policy. This may involve banning a student from using the bus for a determined period of time. This is in line with Government guidance, which refers to school’s power to sanction students for “misbehaviour when the pupil is:
- taking part in any school-organised or school-related activity or
- travelling to or from school or wearing school uniform or
- in some other way identifiable as a pupil at the school
- or misbehaviour at any time, whether or not the conditions above apply, that could have repercussions for the orderly running of the school or poses a threat to another pupil or member of the public or could adversely affect the reputation of the school.
School Bus Information & Timetable
Bus Diversions for 831 and 832 due to road closure
We have been advised that a section of Streetbridge Road will be closed from Monday 16th January for a two month period.
Pedestrian access will be available but traffic will be unable to travel in either direction from the section of Streetbridge Road at the entrance of Royton Waste Water Works to Cragg Road. This affects the 831 and 832 school bus service. The Transport for Greater Manchester have advised us of the following changes for their bus services;
831 Service will operate as normal to Rochdale Road, then Oldham Road, Broadway, Burnley Lane, Chadderton Hall Road. (This route in reverse at the end of the school day)
832 Service (afternoon service only) will operate via Chadderton Hall Road, Burnley Lane, Broadway, Oldham Road, Rochdale Road and then as normal.
School Bus Timetable
837 Bus Service
There is a trial which has just started whereby Market Street in Shaw will be closed on Thursdays for market day and, as a consequence, buses will be diverted. The diversion for the 837 is via Beal Lane, Eastway and Greenfield Lane. The trial is still ongoing.
Bus Travel & Fare Information
For all your journey planning and ticketing/fare questions:
Tel: 0871 200 2233 (7am – 8pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm at weekends and bank holidays – calls cost 12p per min)